Ska Fabricating is a growing organization, and we are growing FAST. We’re looking for the best and the brightest to join us on our journey to the top.
Ska Fab is an excellent place to work and we love our employees and our customers. We offer exciting benefits, a stimulating work environment, and an inspiring team of co-workers. Our management promotes from within whenever possible and Ska Fab strives to create career paths for our employees rather than simply providing a job.
All current job openings will be listed on the page, and resumes can be emailed to email@example.com. Please list the job title in the subject line of your email.
- Make resourceful & sustainable decisions
- Be Dependable
- Create Motivation
- Be Honest, trustworthy & responsive
- Practice happiness in all aspects of life
- Up to 5 weeks PTO
- Bereavement leave
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with up to 4% match
- Quarterly Bonus
- Quartley Swag
Ska Fab is currently looking for a Technical Writer to create documentation of our machines for targeted audiences. Documentation will utilize multiple media, including written, graphic and video formats. The Technical Writer can be viewed as a bridge–facilitating communication between our engineering team and key internal and external audiences including customers, installers and our customer care team.
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets Ska Fabricating standards
- Obtain a deep understanding of products in order to translate complex product information into clear, user-friendly information for a general audience
- Develop additional media (video, graphics) to supplement documentation
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
- Analyze engineering source data for use in technical manual development
- Review technical documentation prior to delivery and assist with delivery
- Skilled wordsmith with a demonstrated ability to communicate with unusual clarity
- Quick learner, self-learner
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong team player who works well in a team environment
- Excellent communications and customer interface skills
- Strong English communication skills, and, in particular, strong writing skills
- Technical background a plus—ability to write about technical systems and read schematics; ability to interpret engineering data to determine impact on technical documentation; willingness to be hands-on with hardware and software
- Strong computer skills including manipulating and/or creating graphics
- Strong background in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Strong background in Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop
- Experience developing short videos, using iMovie or Adobe Premiere
- Experience developing technical documentation
We are on the hunt for a candidate with proven success in orchestrating a digital transformation comprising things like system integrations, transition to cloud platforms, and building a data analysis infrastructure. Our ideal candidate has hands-on experience with the latest best practices for network security, as well as with developing KPI’s and SOP’s to track and manage response time, issue escalation, and customer satisfaction (internal and external). A well-organized and skilled problem-solver with multi-tasking skills would thrive in this position, which relies on balancing competing demands for time.
This person will be responsible for managing Ska Fab’s information systems, security and infrastructure. You will provide clear direction and outcomes to all IT team members, and together you will collaboratively create and implement the technology vision and strategy of the company. You will be the driving force to document and innovate our IT policies and processes to provide a solid foundation for our high-growth environment.
- Manage IT Budget
- Network management/security
- Vendor management (ISP, consultant groups, contract labor)
- Ubuntu server (Linux based)
- Odoo Admin/Database management
- Data mining/Odoo reporting
- Hardware procurement
- Onboarding IT training (minimal)
- Windows/Apple Server/client OS
- GoDaddy / Domain Management
- O365 (office apps SAS)
- Autodesk Vault
- 2-5 years working in IT Operations
- AT LEAST 1 full year as an IT Manager
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Excellent relationship management skills and a desire to mentor and lead a team
- Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases, data storage systems, and phone systems
- Strong critical thinking, multi-tasking and decision-making skills
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
- Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve AND solve any underlying causes to address trends (look for the cause beneath the symptom)
- Bachelor’s degree Information Technology / Computer Science / Information systems or related field of study
Contingency planning/crisis management
Senior Project Manager
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager who will be responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across Ska Fabricating. Manage resources, schedules, teams and adhere to quality guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
The Senior Project Manager has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis in addition to the rest of the project management team. Verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits.
- Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
- Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project management team meetings
- Monitor staff performance and complete performance reviews
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices
- Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for all 3rd party vendors
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- Research best practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data and use continuous process improvement disciplines to achieve results
- Tools: GSuite, Zoho, Odoo, Microsoft Office
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects
We are looking to hire an additional assembly technician to keep up with increased production of our unique canning lines. As an Assembly Technician, you will be an integral part of a small, fast-paced, quality-driven team responsible for building products to meet production and customer demands. We are seeking a self-motivated individual who is a creative thinker with a strong work ethic to help our business expand to meet customer demands. Being a team player who is detail-oriented with strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills is essential. Applicants must thrive in an ever-changing and challenging environment where we have various products built using various workstations.
As an Assembly Technician, you will work to:
- Mechanical and electrical assembly of Automated Canning Systems.
- Assemble components and complex subassemblies by following work instructions, utilizing tools prescribed, in adherence to quality standards.
- Verify adherence to specifications by testing/measuring completed assemblies.
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Administer supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; requesting and/or placing and orders for supplies; verifying receipt.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing results as needed and assisting others to accomplish overall goals.
- Contribute to our continuous improvement initiatives.
Your role will impact the business by assuring that production is on pace as directed by the Production Manager. You will also be instrumental in helping to create and improve processes that reduce time and cost, improve safety, and improve product quality.
- Ability to Follow Instruction and Standards
- General mechanical abilities
- Must be comfortable standing for long periods of time.
- Self-motivated and very dependable.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Ska Fab is currently looking for a talented CAD Technician who has a passion to be on the frontline engaging with prospective and existing customers. Ska Fab Sales Engineers serve as the technical steam engine behind the sales team working with prospective customers, third-party vendors and partners to design the perfect packaging solution for our customers world-wide.
- Design: directly developing packing line solutions from scratch – from proof of concept to finalized sales order – based on client needs, facility floor plan, equipment compatibility, and scheduling timelines
- Integration: implementing and designing with third-party equipment, vendors and partners to ensure full seamless integration of proposed packaging line
- Sales Support: presenting proposed solutions to prospects through live 1:1 design sessions, advising on layout specifications, looking for opportunities to add further value to proposals, and ensuring our team provides full transparency and clarification throughout the entire sales process
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree, or completion of a technical certificate in CAD, drafting or related field
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in relevant sales engineering, manufacturing design, or project management role
- Proficient in AUTOCAD
- Excellent communication skills: interpersonal, listening, oral, and written
- Able to generate layout drawings from rough sketches and specifications
- Able to prioritize work on multiple projects at any given time while maintaining a high level of detail
We are looking to hire someone to crate and ship our machinery. As a shipper/crate builder, you will be an integral part of a small, fast-paced, quality-driven team responsible for building crates for this packaging equipment, as well as packing all associated equipment and securing it inside the crate for shipping to meet production and customer demands. As a small company, all employees must be hands-on and able to wear multiple hats. This is a challenging, fast-paced and frequently changing work environment, and Ska Fab’s reputation for on-time and consistent deliveries hangs on the success of whoever ends up in this position.
As a Shipper/Crater, you will need to:
• Safely operate hand tools and power tools such as drills, nail guns, circular saws, etc.
• Pack and secure various equipment properly to avoid damage in transit
• Manage various shipments in an organized fashion
• Keep track of shipping documents
• Work outside in varying weather and conditions
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds and work on your feet all day
• Able to operate a forklift
- Our Ideal Candidate:
• Has construction experience
• Is mechanically inclined
• Is a team player with the ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
• Is self-motivated with the ability to work independently while managing time effectively
• Confidence in operating a forklift to load and unload equipment from trucks is a plus
The Product Manager – Mechanical Engineer will join a growing Engineering Group that is responsible for developing and managing all aspects of the product lifecycle for new and existing products. The Product Manager’s primary responsibilities will include the design, development, testing, and documentation of new products.
- Develop and maintain a formal Product Roadmap to define the long-term strategy for assigned products.
- Communicate the Product Roadmap with Production, Sales, Marketing, and Project Management groups to ensure clear understanding of relevant timelines, product capabilities and limitations, and performance requirements.
- Maintain product roadmap and associated priorities based on input/feedback from Sales, Marketing, Production, and Field Support teams as well as customer feedback and other market indicators.
- Develop and design new products with careful consideration of both performance requirements and design for manufacture.
- Analyze existing products for opportunities to improve performance, facilitate manufacturing and/or assembly, or part standardization across products, other product improvements.
- Collaborate closely with other engineering team members to coordinate electrical, controls, and project layout requirements.
- Communicate with Production Managers, Project Managers, and other engineers to establish timeline for new product fabrication, assembly, and testing.
- Develop and maintain product related documentation including the Bill of Materials, Fabrication and Assembly Drawings and Operator Manuals.
- Identify vendors and communicate design requirements to establish the supply chain for new product components.
- Prepare and maintain the product Bill of Materials and associated costs as required to establish new product costs and complete make/buy analysis.
- Assist with new product assembly and testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Professional experience using 3D modeling tools to design new parts and assemblies as well as associated documentation, including fabrication and assembly drawings. Experience in Inventor preferred.
- Working knowledge of common material properties and fabrication processes and associated capabilities and limitations for the fabrication of weldments, sheet metal, and machined parts.
- Excellent communication skills
Check what our clients think about us below!
Ska Fabricating and their team of engineers have been phenomenal. Truly. I have been working with countless engineers and project managers from other agencies for other pieces of the production puzzle, and Ska has been the only one to not only meet their claims, but go above and beyond any expectation.
Ashley Howen - Aurora Hemp-Infused Elixirs - Visit website
We have one of your Can-i-bus depals. I love it! Of all of our brewery machines, its the only one that doesn't give me grief. Good design. Thank you!
David Maggard - Hop Valley Brewing - Visit website
The DICS kit on the conveyance with Ska is a no-brainer. You can shop around, but this is the winner. It’s simple, easy, and it works. Save your time for making quality beer. Ska has already figured the rest out for us.
Mike Wayne, Brewmaster - Nunavut Brewing Co. - Visit website
Ska Fab out of Durango Colorado has been in the canning game for a long time now, and it shows. Their depalletizers are built like a tank and don’t miss a beat during short or long production runs. That’s why they were the logical choice for our pre-fill automation. Fully automated depalletizing and slip sheet removal decreases labor costs and a twist rinse prior to the canning line makes sure that your cans are clean and ready for product before they enter the line.
Tinman Mobile Canning - Visit website
As a part of a $1.2M investment in upgrading our small packaging operations we sought out the most suitable and best in class depalletizer and support to run alongside a new 24 head rotary can filler. Ska Fabs experience helped us select, design, and complete the full in-feed element of this project and it runs like a dream! Ska handled international business very well, delivered on time and to budget, and have provided excellent after sales care.
Dan, Founder Fourpure London, UK - Visit website
From our initial discussions with Sonia through conception/configuration with Matt and installation of our Can-I-Bus depal and DICS conveyor with Ryan, we had an excellent experience working with Ska Fab. Their design and fab skills are top-notch, and they have the customer service to match.
Matt, President-Bauhaus Brewing Labs - Visit website