- Make resourceful & sustainable decisions
- Be Dependable
- Create Motivation
- Be Honest, trustworthy & responsive
- Practice happiness in all aspects of life
- Up to 5 weeks PTO
- Bereavement leave
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with up to 4% match
- Quarterly Bonus
- Quartley Swag
We are looking for a skilled fabricator to work as part of a welding team at our main facility. You will operate a MIG welder to put together mechanical structures, parts, and assemblies with a considerable deal of precision. This job is important as it provides the foundation of a very refined final product.
The right candidate must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions, and will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties, as well as other welding processes (i.e. TIG), is not essential but is very valuable. This position is one within a group of welders that all work together to build a single finished product. This means the ideal candidate absolutely must function well as part of a team, while also working reliably on their own.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Read technical drawings and take or read measurements accordingly
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components according to drawings using calipers, rulers etc. and accurately layout and clamp pieces for welding
- Weld components using MIG welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Proficiency with the following tools: angle grinder for both cutting and grinding, horizontal band saw, handheld drills and drill press, MIG welder, tape measure and others general shop tools.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Ska Fabricating in Durango is looking for a Shipping and Receiving Clerk to crate and ship our machinery. Our company is growing and we are looking to hire an additional shipping & receiving worker to keep up with increased equipment production. The S&R builder is responsible for building crates for this packaging equipment, packing all associated equipment and securing it inside the crate for shipping, and receiving incoming parts/components. The S&R clerk is responsible for processing, verifying and keeping records of all incoming and outgoing shipments. This position will consist of order pulling, packing, and shipping and receiving. This is a full-time position.
- Manage various shipments in an organized fashion
- Responsible for picking and shipping orders quickly and correctly
- Pull items from shelf accurately, look over item and make sure it is fit to send
- Complete accurate counts for packaging
- Utilize proper packaging techniques to secure various equipment and products properly to avoid damage during shipping and transit
- Safely operate hand tools and power tools such as drills, nail guns, circular saws, etc.
- Prepare and print shipping labels
- Correctly fill out proper shipping documents such as Bill of Ladings and customs paper work
- Keep track of shipping documents
- Ability to cross train in other departments such as assembly and receiving
- Properly secure merchandise to pallets
- Clean and organize shipping/receiving areas
- Assist in physical inventory and cycle counts
- Promotes a safety-oriented culture
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience and Knowledge of shipping and receiving methods, techniques and warehouse equipment
- Has construction experience and is mechanically inclined
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Must be dependable
- Ability to operate forklift when trained (certified preferred)
- Is a team player with the ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Is self-motivated with the ability to work independently while managing time effectively
- Must be able to effectively communicate in both verbal and written communications
- UPS Worldship & FED EX Online experience is a plus
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Usual warehouse conditions will exist such as dust, lighting, and temperature.
- Work outside in varying weather and conditions
Systems Administrator (ERP/MRP)
A small manufacturing operation in the Colorado Mountains needs someone to step in and help us create human value. As a small company, employees must be hands-on and able to wear multiple hats. Applicant must thrive in an ever changing and challenging environment where we have various products built using various workstations. Issues arise that need to be resolved accurately, quickly and efficiently. If you want to live in a Mountain Town and you can focus on getting the job done first then enjoying everything the beautiful Rocky Mountains have to offer- then read on.
What we are looking for:
As an integral part of our Information Technology team reporting to our CFO, the Systems Administrator will provide technology leadership in the digital transformation at a growing company. In preparation for an upcoming ERP system implementation, this person will be responsible for understanding key business processes and ensuring the information systems of the company efficiently and effectively align and support the business.
The role will collaborate with an expert partner to implement Odoo in 2021. After the implementation, this person will manage the deployment of any new Odoo functionality and lead support and enhancement activities related to Odoo and other integrated 3rd party applications.
All duties to be performed according to the established standard and in compliance with all company policies and procedures while maintaining regular, prompt attendance and availability for overtime as needed:
- Act as primary liaison and resident expert on Odoo related matters such as design, architecture, configuration, functionality, maintenance, troubleshooting, controls and performance of the applications and technology.
- Focus on developing and launching the MRP and related modules.
- Drive Odoo adoption efforts through improvements to user-interface, user training and sharing best practices to enhance overall user experience.
- Plan for key integration among critical systems including the Odoo Advanced Manufacturing module, Finance, Sales, CRM, PLM. Helpdesk, TimeSheets, and others as we integrate from MRP to ERP. • Keep up to date on Odoo native functionality and changes to Odoo modules as well as third party applications through the Odoo partner ecosystem.
- Provide regular updates on Odoo releases and communicate with users about plans, usage and support of system.
- Lead testing for all changes and implementations including software validation plans and reports. • Partner with user departments and IT during all phases of projects to accurately document, test and implement required system features.
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures related to Odoo systems controls and operations, data security and compliance, electronic storage and organization strategy and maintenance.
- Create training documentation and process diagrams for existing and new business processes. • Collaborate with stakeholders to develop product and platform roadmaps, ensuring strategic alignment of systems in-place and future systems.
- Participating in conferences/seminars and keeping up to date with the Odoo roadmap. Enhancement Management
- Manage the Odoo enhancement management process and provide leadership to the enhancement management team.
- Design, develop and test enhancements consistent with internal business process requirements.
- Collaborate with leadership to translate business requirements into technical specifications consistent with enterprise architecture and best practices.
Periodically review and optimize Odoo modules and processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide enterprise wide support for Odoo.
- Assist as needed in the administration and/or troubleshooting of existing software systems, both off the-shelf and in-house developed software.
- Manage our 3rd party desktop support service, ImageNet, and provide auxiliary support as needed (ImageNet manages our network and end-user machines). Act as a liaison between Ska Fabricating and Imagenet
- Manage and Lead data migration and integration activities from legacy systems as appropriate (including CAD/CAM, legacy ZoHo system, and legacy Word/Excel/Access Database).
- Manage G-Suite, DropBox, Office 365
- Manage our domain via GoDaddy
- Purchase and assign software licenses as needed, e.g., AutoDesk and Adobe products Other Duties
- Purchase new hardware and onboard new employees as needed.
- Perform other duties within the Information Technology department or other areas as assigned. • Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Observe all company policies, rules, and safety practices.
Strengths needed for this role: Desired Characteristics:
- Ability to live Ska Fabricating Core Values.
- Ability to lead by example in skill and character.
- Ability to communicate openly and professionally within your team and department as well as with other departments as needed.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality and trust.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to identify and implement process improvement.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to drive and accept change.
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to meet and maintain health and safety guidelines.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments, tasks and shift efforts and labor based on the needs of the department and/or company.
Qualifications & Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Business.
- 5+ years of total experience including a minimum of 3 years’ experience working with a major ERP System.
- Experience in Odoo and ZoHo is preferred.
- Demonstrated skills with business requirements, functional design and technical design. • Knowledge of relational database concepts and basic SQL skills.
Check what our clients think about us below!
Ska Fabricating and their team of engineers have been phenomenal. Truly. I have been working with countless engineers and project managers from other agencies for other pieces of the production puzzle, and Ska has been the only one to not only meet their claims, but go above and beyond any expectation.
Ashley Howen - Aurora Hemp-Infused Elixirs - Visit website
We have one of your Can-i-bus depals. I love it! Of all of our brewery machines, its the only one that doesn't give me grief. Good design. Thank you!
David Maggard - Hop Valley Brewing - Visit website
The DICS kit on the conveyance with Ska is a no-brainer. You can shop around, but this is the winner. It’s simple, easy, and it works. Save your time for making quality beer. Ska has already figured the rest out for us.
Mike Wayne, Brewmaster - Nunavut Brewing Co. - Visit website
Ska Fab out of Durango Colorado has been in the canning game for a long time now, and it shows. Their depalletizers are built like a tank and don’t miss a beat during short or long production runs. That’s why they were the logical choice for our pre-fill automation. Fully automated depalletizing and slip sheet removal decreases labor costs and a twist rinse prior to the canning line makes sure that your cans are clean and ready for product before they enter the line.
Tinman Mobile Canning - Visit website
As a part of a $1.2M investment in upgrading our small packaging operations we sought out the most suitable and best in class depalletizer and support to run alongside a new 24 head rotary can filler. Ska Fabs experience helped us select, design, and complete the full in-feed element of this project and it runs like a dream! Ska handled international business very well, delivered on time and to budget, and have provided excellent after sales care.
Dan, Founder Fourpure London, UK - Visit website
From our initial discussions with Sonia through conception/configuration with Matt and installation of our Can-I-Bus depal and DICS conveyor with Ryan, we had an excellent experience working with Ska Fab. Their design and fab skills are top-notch, and they have the customer service to match.
Matt, President-Bauhaus Brewing Labs - Visit website