- Make resourceful & sustainable decisions
- Be Dependable
- Create Motivation
- Be Honest, trustworthy & responsive
- Practice happiness in all aspects of life
- Up to 5 weeks PTO
- Bereavement leave
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with up to 4% match
- Quarterly Bonus
- Quartley Swag
Ska Fabricating is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to aid our growing Engineering Group in developing and managing the product lifecycle for a variety of new and existing products. The Mechanical Engineer’s primary responsibilities will include the design, development, testing, and documentation of new products.
If you have relevant experience, a passion for this position & would like to join the Ska Fab Team please submit a resume through email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Develop and design new products with careful consideration of both performance requirements, design specifications and design for manufacture.
- Analyze existing products for opportunities to improve performance, facilitate manufacturing and/or assembly, or part standardization across products, other product improvements.
- Collaborate closely with other engineering team members to coordinate electrical, controls, and project layout requirements.
- Identify vendors and communicate design requirements to establish the supply chain for new product components.
- Develop and maintain product related documentation including the Bill of Materials, Assembly Drawings, and Operator Manuals.
- Prepare and maintain the product Bill of Materials and associated costs as required to establish new product costs and complete make/buy analysis.
- Assist with new product assembly, testing, and validation.
- Develop and maintain a formal Product Roadmap to define the long-term strategy for assigned products.
- Communicate the Product Roadmap with Production, Sales, Marketing, and Project Management groups to ensure clear understanding of relevant timelines, product capabilities and limitations, and performance requirements.
- Maintain product roadmap and associated priorities based on input/feedback from Sales, Marketing, Production, and Field Support teams as well as customer feedback and other market indicators.
- Communicate with Production Managers, Project Managers, and other engineers to establish timeline for new product fabrication, assembly, and testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in mechanical product design, development, and prototyping.
- Professional experience using 3D modeling tools to design new parts and assemblies as well as associated documentation, including fabrication and assembly drawings. Experience in Inventor preferred.
- Working knowledge of common material properties and fabrication processes and associated capabilities and limitations for the fabrication of weldments, sheet metal, and machined parts.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with packaging line equipment automation in the food and beverage industry preferred.
Systems Administrator (ERP/MRP)
A small manufacturing operation in the Colorado Mountains needs someone to step in and help us create human value. As a small company, employees must be hands-on and able to wear multiple hats. Applicant must thrive in an ever changing and challenging environment where we have various products built using various workstations. Issues arise that need to be resolved accurately, quickly and efficiently. If you want to live in a Mountain Town and you can focus on getting the job done first then enjoying everything the beautiful Rocky Mountains have to offer- then read on.
What we are looking for:
As an integral part of our Information Technology team reporting to our CFO, the Systems Administrator will provide technology leadership in the digital transformation at a growing company. In preparation for an upcoming ERP system implementation, this person will be responsible for understanding key business processes and ensuring the information systems of the company efficiently and effectively align and support the business.
The role will collaborate with an expert partner to implement Odoo in 2021. After the implementation, this person will manage the deployment of any new Odoo functionality and lead support and enhancement activities related to Odoo and other integrated 3rd party applications.
All duties to be performed according to the established standard and in compliance with all company policies and procedures while maintaining regular, prompt attendance and availability for overtime as needed:
- Act as primary liaison and resident expert on Odoo related matters such as design, architecture, configuration, functionality, maintenance, troubleshooting, controls and performance of the applications and technology.
- Focus on developing and launching the MRP and related modules.
- Drive Odoo adoption efforts through improvements to user-interface, user training and sharing best practices to enhance overall user experience.
- Plan for key integration among critical systems including the Odoo Advanced Manufacturing module, Finance, Sales, CRM, PLM. Helpdesk, TimeSheets, and others as we integrate from MRP to ERP. • Keep up to date on Odoo native functionality and changes to Odoo modules as well as third party applications through the Odoo partner ecosystem.
- Provide regular updates on Odoo releases and communicate with users about plans, usage and support of system.
- Lead testing for all changes and implementations including software validation plans and reports. • Partner with user departments and IT during all phases of projects to accurately document, test and implement required system features.
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures related to Odoo systems controls and operations, data security and compliance, electronic storage and organization strategy and maintenance.
- Create training documentation and process diagrams for existing and new business processes. • Collaborate with stakeholders to develop product and platform roadmaps, ensuring strategic alignment of systems in-place and future systems.
- Participating in conferences/seminars and keeping up to date with the Odoo roadmap. Enhancement Management
- Manage the Odoo enhancement management process and provide leadership to the enhancement management team.
- Design, develop and test enhancements consistent with internal business process requirements.
- Collaborate with leadership to translate business requirements into technical specifications consistent with enterprise architecture and best practices.
Periodically review and optimize Odoo modules and processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide enterprise wide support for Odoo.
- Assist as needed in the administration and/or troubleshooting of existing software systems, both off the-shelf and in-house developed software.
- Manage our 3rd party desktop support service, ImageNet, and provide auxiliary support as needed (ImageNet manages our network and end-user machines). Act as a liaison between Ska Fabricating and Imagenet
- Manage and Lead data migration and integration activities from legacy systems as appropriate (including CAD/CAM, legacy ZoHo system, and legacy Word/Excel/Access Database).
- Manage G-Suite, DropBox, Office 365
- Manage our domain via GoDaddy
- Purchase and assign software licenses as needed, e.g., AutoDesk and Adobe products Other Duties
- Purchase new hardware and onboard new employees as needed.
- Perform other duties within the Information Technology department or other areas as assigned. • Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Observe all company policies, rules, and safety practices.
Strengths needed for this role: Desired Characteristics:
- Ability to live Ska Fabricating Core Values.
- Ability to lead by example in skill and character.
- Ability to communicate openly and professionally within your team and department as well as with other departments as needed.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality and trust.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to identify and implement process improvement.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to drive and accept change.
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to meet and maintain health and safety guidelines.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments, tasks and shift efforts and labor based on the needs of the department and/or company.
Qualifications & Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Business.
- 5+ years of total experience including a minimum of 3 years’ experience working with a major ERP System.
- Experience in Odoo and ZoHo is preferred.
- Demonstrated skills with business requirements, functional design and technical design. • Knowledge of relational database concepts and basic SQL skills.
Check what our clients think about us below!
Ska Fabricating and their team of engineers have been phenomenal. Truly. I have been working with countless engineers and project managers from other agencies for other pieces of the production puzzle, and Ska has been the only one to not only meet their claims, but go above and beyond any expectation.
Ashley Howen - Aurora Hemp-Infused Elixirs - Visit website
We have one of your Can-i-bus depals. I love it! Of all of our brewery machines, its the only one that doesn't give me grief. Good design. Thank you!
David Maggard - Hop Valley Brewing - Visit website
The DICS kit on the conveyance with Ska is a no-brainer. You can shop around, but this is the winner. It’s simple, easy, and it works. Save your time for making quality beer. Ska has already figured the rest out for us.
Mike Wayne, Brewmaster - Nunavut Brewing Co. - Visit website
Ska Fab out of Durango Colorado has been in the canning game for a long time now, and it shows. Their depalletizers are built like a tank and don’t miss a beat during short or long production runs. That’s why they were the logical choice for our pre-fill automation. Fully automated depalletizing and slip sheet removal decreases labor costs and a twist rinse prior to the canning line makes sure that your cans are clean and ready for product before they enter the line.
Tinman Mobile Canning - Visit website
As a part of a $1.2M investment in upgrading our small packaging operations we sought out the most suitable and best in class depalletizer and support to run alongside a new 24 head rotary can filler. Ska Fabs experience helped us select, design, and complete the full in-feed element of this project and it runs like a dream! Ska handled international business very well, delivered on time and to budget, and have provided excellent after sales care.
Dan, Founder Fourpure London, UK - Visit website
From our initial discussions with Sonia through conception/configuration with Matt and installation of our Can-I-Bus depal and DICS conveyor with Ryan, we had an excellent experience working with Ska Fab. Their design and fab skills are top-notch, and they have the customer service to match.
Matt, President-Bauhaus Brewing Labs - Visit website